Banana Blueberry Muffins
I love muffins! I’ve been making them for years and am always adapting and tweaking my recipes – the variations are endless. They are super easy to make, you can pack them with fruit and feel great about serving them for breakfast or snacks at any time. Lately, I start with a basic banana bread recipe and have adapted it to add even more fruit, or sometimes chocolate chips, depending on what I have on hand. You can go even further and add a lemon icing – delish! I’ll share my basic banana blueberry muffin recipe here. Enjoy!
Banana Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Muffin/Cupcake paper liners
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 – ½ cups blueberries
- 1-2 teaspoons granulated sugar, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin with paper liners
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a standing mixer until well blended. Add the bananas and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer.
- Place 3-4 blueberries in the bottom of each paper liner. Add most of the rest of the blueberries to the batter, mixing with a wooden spoon. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups and place remaining blueberries on top. Sprinkle with a spoonful of granulated sugar on top if desired.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, watching closely towards the end. Make sure a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.
For variations, add chocolate chips instead of blueberries or add a mix of fruit – raspberries, cherries, blackberries.
Carrie Allen created this site as a way for people to share stories about things they love. She loves chasing quiet, authentic moments and sharing them with her family and friends. Read more about her inspiration here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.