We need to talk about toast. Toast is one of the simplest ways to pull something fabulous together for breakfast, lunch or dinner and anything in between. It can be savory, sweet, simple, complex and the combinations are endless. Toast is comfort. The bread can be sliced bread, white bread, wheat bread, rye bread, sourdough, gluten-free or a bagel, french bread or flatbread. You get the idea. Anything goes.
And guess what? During this time when everyone is inside and balancing this new life of work and family and everything all together, toast can be your saving grace. It’s simple. Seriously, you can prepare a meal with toast in 5 minutes or less.
A few ideas for toppings with things you likely already have on hand:
- Peanut butter and jelly and sliced fruit on top
- Avocado and egg with or without greens and salt and pepper
- Nutella, peanut butter and banana
- Cheese toast (served with warmed tomato soup!)
- Plain with butter and leave the eggs and fruit on the side
- Cheese and tomato drizzled with balsamic vinegar
- Cucumber, cream cheese and dill
- Buttered toast with a bowl of veggie soup
- Hummus and veggies
- Tuna Salad
- Chicken Salad
- and so on…
For the kids in the house (regardless of age) make it fun. Play with shapes and even get them to help assemble… or make a toast bar, putting a variety of things out and letting everyone assemble their own toast.
And let’s not forget cheese. Warmed cheese and bread with anything is divine.
Consider toast your blank canvas and share your toast ideas below! Next up I’m thinking about french toast… but that is altogether different.
Carrie Allen created this site as a way for people to share stories about things they love. She loves chasing quiet, authentic moments and sharing them with her family and friends. Read more about her inspiration here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.